I installed this the other day, and I must admit – its pretty damn good. I have been out of touch with some of the most recent roms and hacks on the galaxy, mainly because it has been moving so fast! I followed the guide at xda to install the rom.
Darky has done a wonderful job with this, its just so easy to install. I installed over JM8 and it almost worked perfectly for me, except I had FC’s (Force Closes) on the calling application every time I received a call. The solution for this was a factory reset, which is nice and simple through the Clockwork Recovery Console. This rom will upgrade your phone to JPY, which is Froyo 2.2.1 and is so dam quick you won’t need a lagfix – plus I love the dark feel, and the little tweaks, its fantastic.
I have copied the notes from Darky’s installation guide, and added my own comments. If you have any issues ask in the comments, or head over to xda and ask Darky Directly.
- Download the ROM from here, and put it on your INTERNAL SD-Card.
Don’t unzip it, as this will break the signature.
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery from here.
You need ClockworkMod Recovery, as this won’t work with the stock recovery.
Put ClockWorkMod Recovery on your INTERNAL SD-Card. (should be called update.zip)
If you’re on my v5.x/v6.x ROM, you don’t need to disable the lagfix [Voodoo].
If you are using another Lagfix, disable it NOW. (put a file called ‘disable lagfix’ in the Voodoo directory and reboot to disable it).
Shutdown your phone, wait for it to power off completely (vibrates on Froyo, check buttons keypad light on Eclair), then boot the phone into Recovery Mode (press Volume UP, keep it pressed, then press HOME button, keep it pressed, then press Power button, keep it pressed until you see the Galaxy S screen. Release all three buttons when you see it).
Select “Apply SDCARD:update.zip” (use volume keys/rocker to move up and down, and HOME button to select).
ClockworkMod Recovery will boot now (you may have to do the “Apply update.zip” twice for ClockworkMod Recovery to show up).
- JUST DO THIS STEP IF YOU HAVE FORCE CLOSES OR OTHER PROBLEMS!
In ClockworkMod, select “Wipe data/factory reset”.
* This will delete ALL YOUR APPS & SETTINGS *
- Now select “Install zip from SDCARD”
[use volume keys/rocker to move up and down, and the POWER Button to select].
- Select “Choose zip from SDCARD” and then select the ROM zip file (Called something like “DarkysvX.xsigned.zip).
Then choose “Yes.”
- The Flashing process will start (should take 1 minute) and during the flashing you will see some strange big blue characters on the screen – don’t worry, that’s normal.
After the process finished, you will be dropped back into ClockworkMod Recovery.
From there, choose “Go back”, and then reboot your phone.
- The first boot will take some time (up to 5-10 minutes) as the ROM will de-odex and zipalign.
Voodoo won’t get activated by default since v6.0! If your like me you won’t need to enable Voodoo, its plenty fast enough already.